View Single Post
      11-24-2017, 11:09 PM   #1
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

TrackSpec Hood vents for E9x M3

Hey Guys I jumped into trying out the brand new Hood Vents for my E92 M3. They are really simple to install. My car sees more track than street so thought this was perfect add, but honestly looks awesome for street as well. Here a little DIY for the install. Finished pictures are the end. Thanks to http://trackspecmotorsports.com/ for such great product and thanks to my buddy @[AriuSen] for telling me about them.

They come complete with instructions, template and hardware needed to install. Well here is how I understood the instruction and added my twist.

Instructions:
Tools used:

The air saw, I used to cut out the shape of the vents:

The grinder, I used to cut the frame support on the inside of the hood. The Vents are really sturdy and add reinforcement back into the hood:

The Drill (1/8'' bit), to drill the rivet holes. I added tape so I wouldn't hit the hood or the vents when drilling:

The template are spot on and really helpful, they provide a cut and location, the vents are nicely made and look perfect. I measured everything with a laser:

Cut the support: (forgot to take a pic before I cut the hood vent holes

Cut the hood:

Material cut:

Install and align the vents, drill the holes:

pop rivets: (careful cause the rivet gun jumps back)

use the washer on the back side: (repeat till done)

Finished Install:

Finished look:

///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.

Last edited by tlrid3r; 02-21-2024 at 11:16 PM..
Appreciate 7