12-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #19
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I don't know whether your last paragraph was directed at me or not but I will address it as so anyway.

The M3 is a fine engine and I have said this on numerous occasions but it's not the best engine for road use and everyday driving which is generally conducted of part throttle and at low revs in higher gears.

I also argue that BMW's previous marketing has been to good for it's own good because it has convinced the faithful for years that N/A and high revs is the only way to produce the 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. You simply believe that the M5 will get the X5/6M engine unmodified which I highly doubt myself because both cars serve difference purposes.

Would it not be better to see what the next few months bring because writing off M-Division.
Here we go again. YOU drive at part throttle and shift early on a high revving V8 race engine. People that know how to use the engine do not. You could apply that same arbitrary argument to many great engines.

Seriously, you smoke a pipe while you drive - you are not the target demographic.
Appreciate 0