View Single Post
      05-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #1
SomeCallMeScooby
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Right rear brake not engaging, DSC and brake lights on dash

I've done some digging but I haven't been able to find my exact problem anywhere. Sorry if this is a stupid question or if it's in the wrong place.

As the title says, my right rear brake wasn't engaging on my 2008 M3, but I wasn't getting any lights on the dash or warnings in iDrive. I took it to a shop and they told me that it wasn't throwing any codes so they replaced the caliper and both of the rear rotors, and that didn't fix the issue. They told me they didn't have a solution for me and I got the car back.

They said they checked the wheel speed sensor and a few other common issues but since it's not throwing a code they have no good way of diagnosing the issue. After getting the car back, the DSC and BRAKE lights were on and I get errors in iDrive saying "DSC Malfunction" and something like "MDM disabled."

I'm driving my beater at the moment until I can figure something out to get the brake working. I'm tempted to replace just about everything starting with the DSC module but I'm reluctant to throw money at this thing if it's not going to do anything to help.

Anyone seen a caliper just not engage?
Appreciate 0