View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #153
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Went back to ECR with NASA. We ran there the first time in August and I managed a win on Saturday but lost to Mark Butterfield on Sunday. He officially set the track record with a 2:03.064 but had a 2:02 that was DQ'd. So we both knew there was more time to be had.

This weekend, the weather conditions were perfect. Sun kept the track hot but the cool temperatures helped make some extra HP.

My goal for the weekend was to get a 2:01 or better. I signed up for Friday T&T to get some additional practice. By the 3rd session, I had a run a 2:01.7 and was feeling pretty good. My good friend Kevin Fennell was there in his Lotus. He had never run the track and had to skip the 2nd session to get a shock rebuilt but made it back for the 3rd session. He ran a 1:57 in his car which runs in TT2. Class wise my car should be about 2 seconds slower than him so I knew I was leaving time on the table. We looked at my video and data as well as his. My car was actually out accelerating him but he was destroying me in the corners.

I went out in the 4th session to see if I could apply what he was telling me. I was able to pick up a second for a 2:00.8 (about 8:40 mark in video below).

I was feeling pretty good about the next day as I was planning to put on stickers. I skipped the first session as my car was basically frosted all over. As a result I was gridded 9th or 10th for the first timed session. I fought my way through traffic and got a 2:01.2. I wasn't trying to drive real hard as I still had my scrubs and just wanted to get a decent grid position for my sticker sessions. Stickers go on and I grid P3 for the 2nd timed session. Unfortunately, the tires never seemed to come in and I was sliding all over. I managed a 2:01.7 but was definitely disappointed. Final timed session was even worse with a 2:02. I skipped Sunday due to weather and a 9 hour drive home. Good luck I left early because my starter gave up the ghost when I got home and tried to unload from the trailer.

On a positive note, I won Saturday and reset the track record with the 2:01.2 from the session with my scrubs that had sat out in 30 degree weather all night.

In any event, here are my fastest laps of the weekend. Will have to wait until next April to try for my 1:5x.

Appreciate 2
rhyary1563.00
tsk941522.00