SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Nice, what mounts did you use? Have you coded out the air bags yet? How does the lap belt route on the SPX's? I don't like the way it runs over the adjuster on the sportsters...
Thank you.. Planted Technology mounts. I have not coded out the airbags yet.. I'm trying to line up a local guy this weekend or next.

As for the "adjuster," are you referring to the seat back adjustment knob on the side? ...and what lap belts are you referring to, the stock seatbelts or from a 4pt harness? I don't have a 4pt harness but my stock lap belt runs just under the knob and does not get in the way. Probably due to the higher mounting position of the Planted Tech mounts.
Yes on my setup the stock lap belt would run over the seat back adjusters for the recaro sportsters, you can't really get your hand down there anyway with the door closed. Just annoying you have to take belt off and open door in order to adjust seatback. Since then I added schroth quickfits but kinda feel like a knobhead driving around town with harnesses. Although it makes for a better/fun experience..