View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 01:19 PM   #8
saijin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVe View Post
I can not say much regarding the 330xi in terms of reliability but prices on some vehicles are starting to come back to earth.

As for your plan, I would be looking for a 840i now and try to milk the 328xi as long as possible. The 328xi value is not going depreciate as quickly as 2019 330xi. That is it could well cost less to keeping your current vehicle going than the loss in value in a year with a 2019 330xi. Besides you know ills of your vehicle.
You got a good point.

My car was idling like crap and dying on me the last 5 months.
I replaced O2 sensors, camshaft sensors, , DMTL pump etc etc only to find out recently that it's the crankshaft sensor deep in the engine.
(I had to buy a $1000 Autel obd reader to figure this out)

Then someone bumped my bumper while I was parked and ran away without leaving a note.

Just didn't wanna spend anymore money on this car and a little fed up of aholes.

But yes, you put reason back to my head. It's still cheaper to maintain my 15 year old 328xi than buying a new 330 that's not even the car I want.

I guess now it comes down to pricing on the 840xi.
I really hope I can get a great deal later this year instead of the BS close to retail price last year for a used one.
Appreciate 1