11-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #11
stiversont
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3,2016 640I, 2012 50iX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post

Chapter 2 :

Because the CIC and Combox unit came from a donor vehicle, I have successfully coded the VIN on these units by using the Tool32. And then virginized the Head Unit and Successfully ACTIVATED following :

1- 19 (Navigation)
2- 1B (Navigation Pro w/ Life time FSC)
3 - 17 VOICE Control/Command
4 - 9C BMW Apps (Had to run FSCTool v2.18 at the top of FSTool V2.0.2 in order to Read the status and before the certification process, had to Activate Store) then had success.
5- SAT Radio (6FL) I was able to read the status after having FSCTool working on the side but never had a chance to activate the feature with the FSC Cert. that came with the file. I then updated the car server files from here https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...ghlight=fstool

And tried again, I never had success to activate my built in SAT. I dont know why but it just doesn't work at the moment.

One of the member had the same exact issue like mine and fixed the problem by downloading the FSTool V.2.2 but I never had a luck to find that version if that even exist.
Sorry for jumping in here but I'm having a similar issue with a newly purchased E92 M3. Using INPA I see the vin in CIC is different from the car and fsc codes rejected. I have used the patcher before but I was unable to update the VIN to my car. I think I could load FSC codes using the current vin but really wanted to link to my car vin. I have problems getting FStool to work/connect but I have tool32 that is working and Dr. Gini working. Can you share how you successfully updated the VIN in your CIC using Tool32? I was struggling with the CICR_GW.prg being accepted. Really would appreciate any insight here!!!
Appreciate 0