View Single Post
      12-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #1
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

(100% Completed) Cic upgrade 19 1b 6f 9c / ccc-ant - ccc-ask

Hey Everyone. I have done the CIC retrofit after 7 years I had couple issues at the begining but they all sorted out except 2. I would like to share the details with you so I can move forward.

Chapter 1
Vehicle Original Equipments :

Original Production Date : #0308
CCC Professional $606
Voice Control $620
TCU/MULF2 $6FL
Individual Sound System $752
Sat Prep $693

Retrofit Equipments :

New Born : #0311
2012 CIC Professional ($609) + SAT ($655) Version C1A
CID HD + Factory cable
Combox (BN2000) $6VC
USB port + Cable for the glovebox
8Pin
26 Socket
Fiber Optic Loop cable.

1- The issue I had at the very first stage of the retrofit was as soon as installed the CID and CIC and turned the head unit on, there was no sound what so ever with the trunk units being untouched at that point.

After that me and my friends thought it will be good idea to add the Combox and code the car and everything will work together fine. Well that didn't happen. I have tried at least 10 times to re pin the MULF/TCU and Combox back and forth never had a luck.

Then I thought Amp was fried. So removed the amp check everything all the fuses are good in glovebox and on amp as well.

So what happens is as soon as CCC is disconnected, Not the MULF but the TCU gets disconnected from the MOST Loop . And if you dont know about this you think TCU fiber optic cable is being connected makes you think MOST is looping.

Well as soon as me and my friend Trevor removed the TCU and added the Fiber optic loop and keep the MULF in place, that completed the the loop and sound came back right away. (Took 2 full day to figure out) And being in the tiny rear seat in a very awkward position to repin the sockets back and fort was BRUTAL. So if you have an experience like that READ this and save your time.

2- Then after the sound is back, I redid the combox socket based upon this amazing post

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh.../topics/772784

And sound is gone again and Combox ECU never responded to system with the pin order provided in this post. But it helped me alot to complete many things.

Then I got the Volt Meter and measured each pin and realized the "supposedly the power cable of the TCU doesnt have any 12V anymore and that supposed to be in PIN 2 and the MULF power cable that is repinned to Pin1 . And my Combox gets the power from PIN 2 and that TCU cable was not working to power the Combox. And in order to understand that, When units with Fiber Optic connector gets the power they send a test signal from the fiber port and if there is nothing blinking when they connected to the sockets that means there is no power or unit is faulty. That's what I learnt after 8 hours sweating time being on the tiny rear seat.

So now I only have one power cable attached to my Pin 2 from the MULF unit and combox works with bluetooth streaming + calling.

3- All the neccessary VO values FA Written on CAS/NFRM and everything was working as expected.

Then I scan the car with ISTA and got 21 error. Clear them and went down to 12. I messed up something during the head unit installation and flap motors behind the went wasnt even responding. I first checked the blower motor under the glove box, it was definitely working.
So I removed everything and check the connections and put everything back. Luckily that problem solved with a magic. Then another ISTA Test and went down to 4. One of them from FRM saying that Battery Exhausted so problem went down to 3.

Because I had a built in SAT I thought it will be good to remove $693 Sat prep and add $655 to make the VO list adaption for the new retrofit.

Well one of the Error was SAT can not communicate with Head unit.
Second One DAB Tuner cant communicate (Which I added on VO List to activate HD Radios)
Third error was No communication possible with Aerial Tuner.

So removed the $655 SAT and Removed $654 DAB (Since I dont have any green plug on the back of the unit). Then FA Wrote CAS/NFRM reseted the CIC . Run another ISTA. Only 2 error left.

1) FRM Battery Exhausted (Not a problem)
2) No communication possible with Aerial Tuner.

Quick google search brought me to this topic :

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh.../983501?page=2

And realized I still have the CCC-ANT and CCC-ASK on my ISTA Module Tree. Because there is no more MULF/TCU hardware left car still thinks there is a connection between CCC and TCU/MULF unit.

The main reason according to the topic is even tho we change the VO Values on NcsExpert, iLevel.data still getting collected by ISTA and sees the modules and causes a problem. Since my vehicle not have the CCC unit anymore solution seems like changing the WERK,HO and HO Backup numbers for advance year and date makes the ISTA to delete this 2 module from the list and recognizes the car fully CIC.

Does anyone came across the same issue and did you ilevel the vehicle in order to solve the issue and if so can you share step by step solution here?

Chapter 2 :

Because the CIC and Combox unit came from a donor vehicle, I have successfully coded the VIN on these units by using the Tool32. And then virginized the Head Unit and Successfully ACTIVATED following :

1- 19 (Navigation)
2- 1B (Navigation Pro w/ Life time FSC)
3 - 17 VOICE Control/Command
4 - 9C BMW Apps (Had to run FSCTool v2.18 at the top of FSTool V2.0.2 in order to Read the status and before the certification process, had to Activate Store) then had success.
5- SAT Radio (6F) I was able to read the status after having FSCTool working on the side but never had a chance to activate the feature with the FSC Cert. that came with the file. I then updated the car server files from here https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...ghlight=fstool

And tried again, I never had success to activate my built in SAT. I dont know why but it just doesn't work at the moment.

One of the member had the same exact issue like mine and fixed the problem by downloading the FSTool V.2.2 but I never had a luck to find that version if that even exist.

I would also need help to activate the SAT since I have an active account for a year.

Here is the screenshots regarding to the activation issue

I was not able to get status on this 2 till I installed FSC 2.18. I am so close to activate the 6F but I don't know what is causing this. I would like to get some help to finish up this project without a single issue or error like OEM.

Thank you in advance. And Happy New Year
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 11-28-2021 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
tdott3950.00