Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I tried the FZs but my only comparisons on the same track are to RSRR Tires, I ran substantially faster on the FZs (4 seconds faster on a 1:30 second track) and they wear well too. I was running on the 100utqg tires and they're like iron. I will be running them at Laguna and will have a good apples to apples comparison in the next week.

*** Caveats:
- I installed a Stoptech BBK since running the same track with the RSRR
- A lot of the time can be attributed to just learning the track and seat time. The RSRR day was 8 months ago and I drove a lot this year.
- My recent day on the FZs was 70* weather vs the 100* weather with the RSRR.

I ran NT01s on different tracks a few years back so I don't have any strong data points but I will be going FZ>NT01 from now on if I'm not doing time trial stuff where I'm forced to run 200tread tires.
Isn't nt01 100tw?
Yep - NT01s are 100utqg*

Sorry, my post was confusing... For general track days/HPDE I will continue to use the FZ over the NT01 but for competition driving that requires 180-200 and higher UTQG I will probably run the RE71R. I've actually only run RE71R a few times and my times weren't that much better than the RSRR which is crazy for a sub $100/tire

Let us know your thoughts upon more usage.