View Single Post
      08-31-2017, 05:06 PM   #12
SpyderBite
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3, ZCP, DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrantyTracker View Post
I have been trying the 595 RS-RR on my E36 V8. They are good considering the price ($115 a corner shipped), but not the last word. I consider them a good option for guys who eat through a LOT of tires like I do, and want to keep the budget under control.
Any chance you ran the 595 RS-R and could compare to the RS-RR? I have 595 RS-R's on my car now for daily driving plus my first 2-3 (beginner/novice) track days. They seem like an impressive tire for the cost, and for my purposes I like their grip and progressiveness. But the well known knock on the tire is that it doesn't handle heat well and it doesn't take long before they get greasy. I've heard very little about the RS-RR's because early-on they had that manufacturing issue causing major tread separation and I think that spooked everyone from using them.

Regarding the FZ201, I can only repeat what I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt... If memory serves, the guy who tried them said they were relatively similar in grip to an NT01, maybe a hair less, but that they handle heat well (better than the NT01). Also, I don't know if this is the case for all the tires in that class, but for the FZ201 until you get some heat in them they will be slippery as hell.
Appreciate 0