View Single Post
      04-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #4
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

So I looked that this Roof Package Lowered sensor and I was able to locate it! And there is only one sensor related to this lowering part. And right side has this sensor. I do not know why it says both side on the diagnosis program??????????

It is just confuses me NOTHING ELSE! And I was able to lock the Hardtop while it was stowed at the luggage. I found a very weird way to fix this problem without removing the BACK SEATS!

I used my ramps to make the surface UNEVEN! First I tired to raise Right Side higher than the Left side putting the left ramp 1 feet away since the right ramp is right under the tire! So right side was higher than the left side!

I tried it, it didn't work! And then I tried to raise left side higher than the right side using the same method! And it locked right away!

I parked the car by the GYM and forgot the issue and put the top UP accidently. And Of Course it failed to top down again!

So I came home and did the same method and it worked again!

And than I plugged in to the ISTA to see what are those sensors supposedly be read while it is in working condition!

And Va La , Left Side Roof Lowered was NO again! And then I looked at the Left Side, there is no sensor over there!!!!!!!!

SO this is something related to Roof package Alignment or something happened OUT OF BLUE since I only drive my car on Weekends and I always keep the top down since I do not drive the car in rain! How the heck it is misaligned ??????

Anyway, I guess I need to remove the BACK SEATs to see the Locking mechanism while the problem is persist in a FLAT Surface!

If you guys have any other suggestions, you re welcomed! Other than that I hope this STUDY helps other Convertible Owners NOT TO VISIT THE STEALER!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 26320
Size:  197.2 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 27476
Size:  213.1 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 24909
Size:  249.7 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 25402
Size:  370.6 KB
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-26-2016 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0