08-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #46
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Maybe so, total rear seat wait when removed saves you about 45lbs, these have been weighed. IŽll let you be the judge and donŽt wish to argue about it. The list I posted above is not exhaustive and I apologize for it not being so. In any case, I did say 200lbs is a goal and with all things it is pretty close. Which items do you suggest weigh more? The engine weighs no more (and in fact maybe a tad less), seats, drive train, etc... only two add on`s weigh more and are the rear boot lid bar and the B pillar bar. The stock seat belts with its mechanisms will be removed as well for instance as will some other things when I track. You, as all, are more than welcome to visit the car and watch it perform at Willow springs.
I did note you said it should drop about 200 lb. I'm not trying to start an argument. I just wanted to know how you might get to 200. Some of the things I think will add weight are:

Intake, sways, tires, brakes (are you sure this particular kit, rotors and calipers and lighter than stock?), body/aero panels, boot and B-pillar bars.

I'd guess at least 20-40 lb heavier for these items. Just a real rough guess.

Either way, it is going to be one fine ride.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0