06-10-2018, 08:19 AM   #210
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
That's toe wear Longboarder, as Melchior and jid2 have already stated.

Let us know what toe settings did this! I'd set it at zero toe up front and a smidge at the rear (least toe within specs). You don't need a lot of rear toe with the E90 suspension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
My experience says it is the camber......Back in the day, when my car was dual duty street/track, I had camber set at -3.2º all the time. I ruined a set of front PSS very quickly in a very similar way. The tire looked great except for the inside edge which was showing cords......blah.

I have always run with slight toe in. Never had toe-out on my car, so that just could not have been the issue for me.

This is why I started changing camber between street and track. Once I did that, I never had any more issues with wearing the street tires too quickly.

I know Longboarder doesn't like to do those kinds of tech things to his car, but for me, it was worthwhile.
Gentlemen,

Everybody is correct! The issue is that I'm running stock suspension and the high neg camber on the street was causing toe while driving. Sounds weird but toe as the car stands still checking the alignment was zero. But the soft stock bushings causes deflection (exacerbated with the high initial camber) anytime the suspension is loaded up which occurs all the time even in daily driving.

So I'm back to -1.8 F camber until the solid bushings come in.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0