08-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #10
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Both are API SN and very similar on paper. I doubt you'd notice much difference. If you are the paranoid type, use the BMW-branded oil. Otherwise, I'd just run whichever is cheaper/easier to get.

Plenty of people have run the Shell stuff without issue. I have at least two UOAs from it over the past two years (about 5-6k per year, including some track days). It was pretty much the same as my TWS reports.
Good deal. Not doubting quality of it - more so the sequential timing of it all? ;

- S65 clearance problem noted (BMW utilizing Castrol TW60 at time)
- F8X M Platform released
- BMW changes oil provider to Shell

Probably no bearing whatsoever nor would change S65 make up - curious how often car companies change oil companies. IE: Prior to Castrol who was BMW's oil provider.

Will be continuing to run Castrol and log. Utilized 2 L of the professional / and remaining 7 of Supercar on my oil change today. My upcoming report of oil just taken from the car only has 1815 miles on it so is not going to reflect much of a change. However, the following one is the one I'm looking forward to seeing. Will keep updating my Blackstone thread.

P.S. - Your sig should say NOW: E9X M3 _______
Appreciate 0