View Single Post
      02-25-2018, 04:32 PM   #69
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSeven View Post
Just a few examples - The door pockets are not fully lined (F10/G30) vs fully lined in the E39. The sides of the center console under the armrests are hard plastic vs rubberized in the E39. The leather...depends on the optioned leather - that Dakota base leather feels like pleather. E39 sure beats my E66 (which obviously beats an E60) and somewhat beats my F10 - the F10 does not feel as solidly built. The G30 equals it (some are better, some worse).

In all of them - the plastic covering the seatbelts/B-pillar is hard plastic. I was hoping it would be corrected in the G30...nope.

This could have been me (it's not)...but exactly how I feel up cars

Check the way he runs his fingers to the sides of the dashboard and runs into hard plastic. In the E39 it is thick squishy rubber. Then the door pockets as I mentioned above...arrgh.
That's a good post, there is some hard plastic here and there on the G30 I would have to agree on that. Also the felt lining makes a difference when things are in the pockets/cubbies. I've never checked out the cubbies on an E39.

G30 wins on dash material, door sills and trim, seats (Dakota leather is harder but wears extremely well, I've had it in my car for 3+ years now and it's showing less wear then any other leather seat I've ever sat my ass in), steering wheel, gauge cluster, tactile feel of the buttons and controls (locks, windows, climate) etc...

We may just have to agree to disagree on this sir, but I believe the G30 is better built overall. Jury is still out if window tracks will fails on the G30 like they did on the E39.