05-17-2023, 09:29 AM   #23058
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
So sorry to hear about your bad experience with the C8 DCT slipping clutch pack and bad GM Dealership. What does it say about GM Dealerships? Are they just not capable when it comes to C8? Some States have a "lemon law", not to mention your car is under warranty - unless track use voids it? This type of candid information definitely makes me rethink C8 ownership. The C8 Press Launch events were done at tracks and circuits in various parts of the nation. One would think a weakness in the DCT should've reared its head. Whatever the case I feel for you.

IF you ever determine what the root cause is for the slipping DCT clutches please report back. DCT pump pressure, pump filter, clutch plate wear, fluid level and fluid type all come to mind from E9X DCT information gleaned over the past decade and reported on this forum. Though perhaps the C8 DCT is a different animal? deansbimmer made a thread about DCT pump and filter issues he sees with E9X DCTs - albeit with much high milage cars. Good luck with finding a remedy and/or GM buying the car back.
My guess is fluid pressure is too low, for whatever reason. The slipping is the same across two new transmissions. So that most likely rules out many things which come with a new trans, such as the clutches, the pump, and the filter. Nevertheless, I did change the filter based on GM engineering’s recommendation as the first test, but it was unsuccessful. Also, fluid level has always been up to track spec. So perhaps the pressure regulation?

It is totally under warranty. I wouldn’t have bought this car without a trackable warranty haha. This particular dealership, although recommended locally by corvette people, just sucks. Maybe I’ll have better luck with another next time. The problem here is that no error codes are thrown, nor were they thrown before the previous transmission failed. So most dealerships won’t do anything until it inevitably trashes the transmission again. Then it’s just replaced and start again. I’m trying to break the cycle early.