United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Update on this, I have done a grand total of 2 half track days, with the clutches slipping on upshifts the whole time. Bought a DCT, and effectively ended up with a slushbox. The dealership basically had no answer or desire to diagnose, although they agreed it is not functioning correctly. The service advisor got passively pissy after I had GM customer service try to persuade him that my alignment needed to be checked/performed after transmission replacement.

I have GM engineers looking at it, and giving me things to try, since I’m a certified GM tech now lol. I’m guessing this may end in a buy back at this rate. It will probably have another shifting failure if they don’t stop the slipping.

Oh, and when the dealership finally did my alignment, after they claimed to have originally, but didn’t…they left me this surprise!…track day photo below was taken three days before. Notice the lack of ground out paint on the bottom of the rocker panel in front of the rear wheel well?
So sorry to hear about your bad experience with the C8 DCT slipping clutch pack and bad GM Dealership. What does it say about GM Dealerships? Are they just not capable when it comes to C8? Some States have a "lemon law", not to mention your car is under warranty - unless track use voids it? This type of candid information definitely makes me rethink C8 ownership. The C8 Press Launch events were done at tracks and circuits in various parts of the nation. One would think a weakness in the DCT should've reared its head. Whatever the case I feel for you.

IF you ever determine what the root cause is for the slipping DCT clutches please report back. DCT pump pressure, pump filter, clutch plate wear, fluid level and fluid type all come to mind from E9X DCT information gleaned over the past decade and reported on this forum. Though perhaps the C8 DCT is a different animal? deansbimmer made a thread about DCT pump and filter issues he sees with E9X DCTs - albeit with much high milage cars. Good luck with finding a remedy and/or GM buying the car back.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1