Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrider1977 View Post
I'm in a similar boat. I actually purchased a complete CIC kit off the forum that included the screen, CIC unit, cables and CIC controller. It came off a non M car, but I was told that as long as everything gets coded to my car with my VIN, then all the modes should work as if it came with CIC from the factory. I really hope that's the case. There doesn't seem to be as much info out there as I thought there would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Hello all,

Wondering if any progress has been made in the CCC->CIC retrofit market. I know there are one or two manufacturers out there producing kits in the ~$2,000 range; is that about the best it gets? A little while ago there was 'CIC Retrofit' that sold entire plug & play kits for ~$750, but the owner of that company (Nick) decided to move on and no longer sells the kits.

I could of course purchase a kit off eBay for ~$500, but I've heard stories of MDM/M-Mode not working correctly afterward, etc etc etc.

Am I stuck just purchasing a conversion for $2,000 from someone like BPM? Or are there better options out there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrider1977 View Post
I'm in a similar boat. I actually purchased a complete CIC kit off the forum that included the screen, CIC unit, cables and CIC controller. It came off a non M car, but I was told that as long as everything gets coded to my car with my VIN, then all the modes should work as if it came with CIC from the factory. I really hope that's the case. There doesn't seem to be as much info out there as I thought there would be.
I pieced my kit together 7 years ago for about $600 total. I had it coded and everything has been working fine since. A competent coder should be able to code according to your options. The coder will also need to know if you have retrofits installed. In my case, I retrofitted an OEM alarm kit which I notified my coder that added the option.