Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
2011 car with about 65K miles on it, originally came with ZCP and EDC.

Looking to replace the EDC shocks with OEM or aftermarket non-EDC ones, then code out the EDC.

Basically happy with the ZCP ride height, so mainly looking to refresh the car up a bit. Looking to maintain stock comfort, if a bit of handling can be gained without extra NVH that's great, but not a priority.

1. Does anyone know if I need to swap out any parts going from EDC to non-EDC? Some Bilstein product mentions 'non-EDC upper mounting required fro EDC car'.

2. What do you guys think about OEM non-EDC, Bilstein B6, and Bilstein B8? Going to keep the stock springs and comfort is the top priority (heard good things about Bilstein's handling, not sure about comfort and maintenance/durability, but horror stories about shortage if you need replacement)
Also open to other suggestions within the same price and comfort range

3. Does anyone have a list of all the suspension/chassis bushings that should be replaced?

With all the corona virus craziness staying home and plan out car stuff is probably the best thing to do
I just finished converting mine a couple months ago with B8s and B&G sport springs.

The setup feels between the mid to stiffest EDC setting, but the B8 struts do a good job of soaking a lot of bumps, but are in the stiff side of things.

You need non-EDC rear top bushings and hardware:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-341092-tms341092/

Everything else will transfer over. I also replaced the front mount bushings and connecting links for good measure (Prior to this I did a full front and rear control arm refresh).

Overall I'm happy with the setup, cost me just over $1k for all the parts.
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50