Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
Is no one else seeing that the port in question on the side of the cooler is out of round? It looks like the cooler got dropped on that port and put a flat spot in it. See photo with area circled.
Good looking out. I did notice the side looked oddly flat on the outside in that area but never thought that it might have been dropped our out of round as there's no other indication that the cooler had ever been dropped - it's otherwise in pristine condition. But I guess you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
That'd be the fastest thing to do, assuming you have a good machine shop near you. Heck, you *could* figure out the correct drill size and do it yourself, but that'd be risky even if you had a drill press (doesn't everyone have a drill press, or is it only me?).
I thought about that but was paranoid about getting metal shavings in the oil system.

Anyways, I finally contacted CSF directly and they're sending me a replacement. I would have done this earlier but I thought Vivid was doing that...
So it seems CSF is a standup company. Will update or delete thread when resolved. Thanks all.
Yeah, don't try and machine it yourself. Those port handle high pressure engine oil and need to be precisely machined or it will most certainly leak. This kind of work can only be done on a mill.

One way to confirm is to measure the ID of the port at several clocking angles. I bet it will measure nominal when you are at 90 degrees to the flat spot.

Glad you are getting a replacement.
Appreciate 0