View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

At this point in time, purely from a car-to-car standpoint, I would get the Cayman S. Keep in mind that a nicely equipped Cayman S will be around $90k or more. It will be just a tad slower, although Porsche claims 0-60 in 4.4 with the PDK. That said, I have seen the new Cayman S and have driven an old one. The new one is one of the hottest looking cars on the road today. As far at the drive, you can hammer it and it will respond flawlessly.

Personally, I am not quite at the point in my life where I can make do with a pure two seater, even as my toy, because I would be severely limited if I couldn't use the back seat at least some of the time. This may be factor for you also. A lot of my my fun driving is still interspersed with transporting people and some stuff. If I didn't have at least the utility of my M3 coupe, it would be sitting in the garage a lot more.

So think about how the car is really going to be driven and used, because if you buy the car without this consideration, you will miss a lot of driving opportunities. If you still think that either car would suffice, then go for the Cayman.