Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
I personally think that they give too much credit to take downs. Ya, Guida took Pettis down, but didn't do shit on the top other than some weak ass shoulder jabs. I got nothing against Guida, but I think the point system needs revamping.
i totally understand where you are coming from, specially being a huge Pettis fan but I think the way its scored is correct. The reason is, Clay controlled the fight, Pettis tried submission after submission but he could do nothing to make them stick or to get up, so Clay deserves credit for avoiding the submissions and being able to keep him on the ground. Guida took control of where the fight would go, so in my he won fair and square. At least he's not a lay and pray fighter like Fitch, Guida has a similar style but his fights are always entertaining

Pettis is a great young talent but he needs to work on his take down defense for when he fights like this past one. His stand up is so dangerous, he would have likely KOed Guida

Im glad Tony Ferguson won TUF, I thought he was the most talented fighter in the house
Appreciate 0