05-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #18
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qship View Post
@Devo,
How often do you drive on the Autobahn? When was the last time you drove for 2 or 3 hours at speeds over 125mph semi-sustained? Over here, there is a lot of speeding up and slowing down. This is how these little competitions start. The fastest cars generally wind up in a line behind the slowest ones... If you are faster, then you bulldoze the car in front of you out of the way when they finally cede, and then you cruise for a while.

Oh...I just noticed...you drive a Porsche. No offense intended, since I am a long standing Porsche fan.

If you don't want to believe it, then perhaps you should spend some time on the Autobahn and find out how 0-60 doesn't actually mean anything...at all. Rolling starts are a different world completely. Speeds over 125mph? This is about manufacturer gearing decisions, weight, torque, horsepower, and aerodynamics.

Both behind and in front the M3 was faster than the 997 TT. Repeatedly.

Now maybe that is because I shift rather well- or it could be that Porsches are getting a bit chubby and that will get fixed pronto or Ferry will come back from the grave to Zuffenhausen to motivate his engineers. What do you think? Give it a year, and this is going to be a very different discussion.
you have to understand, for those of us that have driven both, it's hard to believe the M3 is faster, the 911 TT is faster than the M3 IMHO, in the 1/4, 1/8, or from a roll, drivers equal, now of course if there is a driver error I can see the M3 pulling ahead

Last edited by spearfisher; 05-29-2008 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0