View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 01:46 AM   #1288
admator
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 06 E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
I don't think we've seen much regarding Andream in this thread.. in your phone's carplay settings does it show as Limcet, GPLink, or something else?

The Kremersino unit that's popular in this thread has a wiring harness which taps into the bottom of the iDrive controller, and you hold "Menu" on the iDrive controller to switch between the factory iDrive and the Carplay interface.

The inability to control the carplay unit via the iDrive controller reminds me of the Kremersino v2 when they sent the updated cable.. you had to first update the MCU firmware, then install the updated cable (otherwise the iDrive controller wouldn't work to control carplay).
In phone settings, I have GPLink.

This Andream unit should by working the same like you said about Kremersino and the wiring harness is also taps into the bottom of the iDrive controller.

How can i check the version of Andream unit? It still comes to me strange that the backlight of the controller does not light up .. as if something was wrongly connected. (only when is connected thru the CarPlay wiring). Andream support does not like retrofiting.. what I found out..

This is what my iDrive controller 4 pin connector looks like:
Attached Images

Last edited by admator; 09-16-2020 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0