View Single Post
      11-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #170
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Man, it's been months since I've updated this!

The car spent 5 weeks at the shop recently getting the secondary air system replaced. We had multiple codes and the warranty approved replacing it. Also, had 7 misfires due to bad coils so those were replaced along with plugs. I had a rare leak from the rear main seal, even the shop was surprised but was also replaced. Lastly, for the shop anyway the replaced the rear window regulator as it was sticking and making noise. Luckily my warranty once again covered everything. Once it was done there it went to the body shop. I had them refinish the front bumper, fill the holes in the trunk from the wing that was installed and fix a few other imperfections in preparation for the Xpel wrap going on after the paints cured. I'm going full body Xpel including carbon fiber lip and side skirts. The rear carbon spoiler is going to get an Interlagos blue pin stripe along the back like the CRT spoiler does. I may be getting carbon mirror caps painted like the F90 M5s so only the bottom is exposed. Check iND website for that.

If that's not enough, my wife and I are expecting a baby girl in May! We are beyond excited for this. My wife is adamant about me keeping the M3. She knows how much I love it and doesn't want me to sell it, so it'll be a baby hauler on days I don't use the E38.

I'll update pictures once I get the M3 cleaned but it still needs to final cut and buff in a few weeks.
I've been thinking about picking up a carbon spoiler too but was considering doing the reverse CRT paint scheme - carbon fiber exposed on the edge and lower middle indented portion above the roundel while the rest is painted. I've never seen pics of this but think it would look really good. IND said they could make it happen for me so I might pull the trigger next spring if the mod bug bites me again.