01-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #51
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by r53s65e90 View Post
Great setup! Just wanted to clarify something: Looking at the template and the one from brembo for their 365 kit, your kit will easily clear the 219M 18 inch wheel with more than 13mm to spare around the barrel. I know this because I did fit (and actually drive) a 18x8.5 219M wheel around the brembo 365 kit with low profile weights. This is a great 6 piston 14 inch kit that was missing a year ago unfortunately.

Also, your piston sizes are spot on: Quick calculations shows that the fronts provide the same leverage (=same brake force given same pads/discs/tires) as the stock brake system. So a front only upgrade is provably doable.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, we did a special run of the CP5060 calipers specifically sized for the e90 M3. The brake bias shift is at approximately 0.3% towards the front vs. stock, so it is about as dead-on as you can possibly get. You would get substantially more of a bias shift by simply installing race pads in your front OEM calipers than you would by installing our BBK and holding all else equal.
Appreciate 0