04-27-2007, 01:10 AM   #15
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mii View Post
I think it has a lot to do with color of most spy shots. Remember back when we see coupe spy shots first surfaced on the web, only until spacegray and white coupe spy photos came then we truly appreciate the lines and curves of the car. The larger CLS wheel with lower body stance also made difference on the PS from Alpine.

i agree with you about the color. i don't think the melborne red is a flattering color for the new M so it might very well be that the color is creating a wrong impression of the car.

but to elaborate on your comments regarding alpine's chops, he had taken certain design liberties like stretching the front fascia vertically, so that it appeared lower to the ground, including the e92 m3 styled rear, and including a lip spoiler, all of which bmw failed to take any cues from. there was a lot of room for bmw to make this car look even better than the e92, and from all indications so far, they haven't taken the initiative to do that.

but i also agree with you that there are some more subtle cues in the chop that aren't fair to compare against the mules we're seeing, namely how low it sits to the ground, the rims, and the color.

time will tell.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0