View Single Post
      07-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #18
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by my92 View Post
I may have over-generalized but I think my point is still valid. In my experience as a christian church youth leader ( although I'm not very religious anymore ) most of our activities revolved around studying the bible and applying it's teachings into social practices such as honesty, integrity, etc. I have yet to meet an atheist who has talked anything but calling out religious people as moronic and uneducated.

I realize it's most likely different for other people but I was basing my statement off my prior experiences.
Well your original statement assumes that we need religion for morals and that atheists have no morals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
This is also related to this example given on History channel by some Japanese scientist once.

On why we should not try to contact aliens.

it's a lose lose situation for us.
I think I know who you're talking about. Btw, that is an interesting perspective, never thought about it like that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
Actually, the Quran does say that we are not alone and that there is extraterrestrial life out there.

Here's one site that talks about this: http://www.alislam.org/library/books...section_7.html
Oh please go with your Quran and it's "prophecies".

Islam is just another false religion.

In before Muslims attack me...I just tell the facts.

Last edited by DougLikesBMW; 07-31-2010 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0