Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
Track/course: WGI
Best lap time: 2.17.12 July 2013
Brake pads: Stock brakes with Pagid RS19 pads and SRF brake fluid
Tires: Michelin Pilot Cups 265/285 on Apex Arc 8 wheels
Suspension: stock EDC with camber plates set to -2.8F/-2R
Other Mods: Gintani catless X-Pipe/stock rear section, BPM tune
So, i was at WGI this sunday w/ NASA, set my new best personal lap time:2.10.4
Shaved off almost 7 seconds. I did a few changes that contributed to this: BFG R1 tires instead of MPCs same size, ESS VT1-550 SC, removed front brake dust shields, replaced front stock rotors with PFC two piece rotors, replaced stock EDC susp. with Ohlins R&T coilovers.Thats it.
It was about 20 degrees cooler compare to what it was in july last year.
I think all these changes to the car and cooler conditions made the difference, but i think the biggest difference was changing my driving technique.
Due to added power, i had to use 4th gear instead of 3rd in T1, bus stop, T6,8,11. Also, was upshifting to 5th gear before T2, to 6th gear right after exiting the esses. Top speed was 158 indicated right before the bus stop
Braking technique: was braking much less before T1,6,and especially no braking at all(just lifting)before T10 and very light braking at T11.
T1, 10 and 11 are most important corners for the fast lap times.
And i always run with mdm mode at this track, because one small mistake =totaled car. Probably lose 2-3 seconds, but like someone said the other day, i am not a professional, and i am no superman
I think with more seat time this car can brake 2.07 easily, and can brake 2.05 with TC off and some weight reduction.
Edit: completely forgot about the major change to my car lol, coilovers. Fixed.

Last edited by Groundpilot; 09-30-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0