darren p.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: B5 S4, MkII GTI, E90 M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Here's the full story...
Wow, thanks for sharing. Hell of a journey so far, must have been absolutely heartbreaking watching engine 2 eat itself on the dyno. Glad to hear Carbahn stood behind their work, that is reassuring to hear. I'm really impressed with Steve Dinan after watching him on the Smoking Tire podcast. Did you have the low compression rings instead of the high compression rings you needed or did you mean neither of them work and Carbahn uses something different?

I'm curious about the cost of #2 though as well. You mentioned you needed to use their crank, rods and pistons for the warranty but did you also need to use their top end parts as well? That cost would suggest you did. Also, was #3 a whole new long block or was anything salvageable?

Last question, are you still using Jordon or is this "noncommercial" tuner someone new? You made mention previously about finding a tuner to get the cams/headers/Karbonius combo perfected and just curious who that is as I'll need to find someone sooner than later for that setup...albeit on a 4.0 until I'm ready to step up to a stroker.

Thanks again for sharing!
Appreciate 0