First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6mt

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
I don't even know where to start. Show me where you can get an F8x with 20k miles for the mid 40's. You made some shit up and posted. My good friend is about to turn his lease F8x with almost 50k miles. I wanted to buy and the dealership was still asking $40k. Show me one example of an F8x on the market with 20K miles for that price.

I bet you can't.

It's better to lease a car based on the fact that it's a depreciating asset. You have no idea what you're taking about. You would take a Kia over a BMW because it presents a better value. Do your really think an F8x M3 is worth $90k. You've got to be kidding me. They take what is a basic car and add a bunch of stuff. That turbo charged straight 6 is nothing special. Any manufacturer can design and build that engine. Even the e90 V8 is really nothing special. I'll give BMW credit for building it.
I was not talking about leasing or even buying a brand new M3/M4. I said for brand new cars, as a lease comparison, it makes more sense to just get something like a 340.

If you want a brand new car, then your net worth should be enough that it doesn't matter if you buy it. The problem is you're arguing for people having brand new cars beyond their means, which leads people to leasing. And it has unfortunately helped to drive the overall cost of new cars up - manufacturers can do whatever they want with pricing because people are dumb enough to lease cars for ridiculous payments.

It's always more cost effective to just buy a used car outright and repair it over time, until your net worth and actual wealth can afford you the ability to buy a brand new nice car without caring about depreciation.

Delayed gratification could go a long ways.

You know literally nothing about how to properly own/buy a vehicle other than to throw people (your average Kia customer) hurdling into financial oblivion and permanent middle-class fuckery with perpetual lease payments.