04-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #16
Dr. Dre
the doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_cars View Post
Kia (and Hyundai for that matter) will never have a soul. There is no heritage, there is no source of innovative pride within the company because the entire founding principles of those types of companies are to copy everyone else in the ways that matter to average ignorant consumers, while cutting corners everywhere else in order to offer competitive prices. They prey on idiots who only care about electronic gizmos and driving aids like lane-assist, throw some cheap leather in the car, and undercut the market. That's their strategy.

That's not to say that BMW hasn't lost their way to a certain degree - most of their cars are wayyyyyy too soft these days and cater to the same ignorant consumers as Kia except that these consumers are willing to blow more money.

Regardless, we are in an age where many people are dumb and lease everything because staying in perpetual payments and being middle class forever is apparently the cool thing to do. So if we're comparing brand new cars (which we are here), why the hell would you take a Stinger over something like a 340 or an Audi for a lease? Anything less than 50,000 miles on the odo and the BMW is doing just fine. They don't live perpetually in repair shops like everyone wants to think.

Let's say you want to actually buy - there is a lot of markup on brand new cars and it's ever-increasing. Chances are you're going to look for something used. Ok let's say the Stinger is 43k used if it's 50k brand new. Do you realize how much MORE car you can get for 43k in the used market? If reliability is your thing, there are plenty of Lexus options that will compete all day with a Stinger in terms of power and performance, too.

You can get a used F8x these days for mid 40's in the 2015 models, and the 2016+ isn't far behind. With like 20k miles which is nothing, really.

To any savvy consumer who also cares about cars at all, in no way would they ever buy a Stinger over an M3.

I don't even know where to start. Show me where you can get an F8x with 20k miles for the mid 40's. You made some shit up and posted. My good friend is about to turn his lease F8x with almost 50k miles. I wanted to buy and the dealership was still asking $40k. Show me one example of an F8x on the market with 20K miles for that price.

I bet you can't.

It's better to lease a car based on the fact that it's a depreciating asset. You have no idea what you're taking about. You would take a Kia over a BMW because it represents a better value. Do your really think an F8x M3 is worth $90k. You've got to be kidding me. They take what is a basic car and add a bunch of stuff. That turbo charged straight 6 is nothing special. Any manufacturer can design and build that engine. Even the e90 V8 is really nothing special. I'll give BMW credit for building it.

Why is it that you can pick up these German high performance car on the cheap after only a few years. It because people know they are not very reliable and cost a shit ton to maintain and repair if they break.

Last edited by Dr. Dre; 04-04-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0