llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
I'm not using Nittos, but several friends are, so I'm interested to figure out: Is this a batch issue, or is this caused by something else.

For example, http://www.ehow.com/list_7508798_pro...tto-tires.html states:

Quote:
In February 2010, Nitto Tires issued a consumer advisory regarding proper cold-weather handling of all NT555R, NT555RII and NT01 tires. If these tires are exposed to temperatures under 15 degrees Fahrenehit, they will lose rubber compound flexibility. This can lead to cracking, which can result in a potentially dangerous accident. To minimize damage, Nitto Tires advises that consumers not drive cars with these tires in conditions below 15 degrees Fahrenheit and check tires for signs of cracking. Before mounting or dismounting, Nitto advises to store these tires for a minimum of 24 hours in a temperature-controlled environment of 68 degrees Fahrenheit and to remove these tires from the vehicle and deflate to half the normal air pressure during prolonged periods of non-use or storage.
I know not everyone has heated garages, and maybe not all distributors have heated warehouses, so I thought I'd note this here to see if that might be a cause of what people are encountering.
Appreciate 0