Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E85 Z4 / 2013 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4 E85  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotgate View Post
The good is that the earlier tq makes it night and day difference whilst driving it 99.99% of the time where im not "racing"
Yes, exactly.

I'm not going to be full bore loading at 5K racing around my local streets where the speed limit is 35-55mph. In a race application sure, centri beats you out top end. But like Gotgate said, 99.99% of the time I'll be cruising around the street.

I've driven a centri (ESS) and driven in a posi (Harrop) and while dumping it into "boost land" isn't the best phrasing, I constantly had to keep it above 4-5K to really feel the tq difference in the ESS car. I understand the differences between both and I just prefer a more linear feel of the Harrop compared to the ESS I drove, just my personal preference.

If Harrop (by extension BPMSport )came out with a stage-II; bigger injectors, different pulley, some software tweaks, I don't think there would be as big a difference in the market as we are seeing right now. Harrop puts down good numbers (500-550WHP consistently) but nothing compared to a high spooled centri like ESS, VF, Autowerke, etc. who spool up stupid high at the top end and you end up in the 600+WHP mark.

*Hint, Hint, Hint* BPMSport
Appreciate 0