01-15-2024, 02:40 PM   #11
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipp View Post
beautiful car that goes amazingly with the interior! love to hear that your parents are supportive of your cars as well.
Thank-you so much bipp! The interior compliments the exterior so nicely! Grateful to have such supportive parents, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
beautiful! Can't wait to see how it progresses.
Thanks a ton spammysammich! Going to be a nice long journey for this car. Enjoy the ride with me, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr6 View Post
My man!! What a journey.
You're the man Alex acarr6!! Glad you are a part of the journey for both my cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra85 View Post
Great story and picture history. Glad you bagged your dream car!
Really appreciate you, jra85! The story is my favourite part, given all the meaning, support and motivation behind it. Happy to have your support on this journey with Project Luna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Man, what a spec. Love this combo. Congrats!
Thank-you so much Wyatt wyatth!! Always appreciate your support. Some of my writing influence on my journals for Luna and Sky are because of you...as you know, I'm a huge fan of your journal, especially the photo capturing, writing, and storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I hope you won't end up doing anything what you did to your e90, too rare and too nice
Haha oh rest assured swagon that will not happen. I see it as I have one overly modified car, and now one masterpiece in full OEM form...it will be preserved as such...although, stay tuned for a future update where we do a "modification/enhancement" to the car to preserve it's originality.

UPDATE #2: Regular “Doctor” Visits Are A MUST!

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal!

We're starting the journey off with an important first maintenance day for Project Luna! So off to the doctor she goes.

This update takes place in October 2023.

Not Your Typical “PPI”

PPI typically stands for “Pre-Purchase Inspection.” Given the background from my first post, you’ll recall that I did not perform a PPI, and bought the car on the spot (not even a test-drive)!

Well my PPI looks a bit different; see we’re doing a Post-Purchase Inspection Let’s hope everything checks out.

I took the car to see my mechanic Usic, owner of Total Motor Werkes. His shop restores classic BMW and Mercedes, and is also the 2nd home for Project Sky, my 2008 E90 M3 racecar.

The game-plan for this service day was to change the oil (incl. sending an oil sample to Blackstone Laboratories), as well as inspect the under-carriage of the vehicle.

The car has just over 36,000 kms (equivalent to approx. 22,000 miles), and has never been winter driven. One would imagine such a car to be immaculate underneath; thankfully that assumption was correct! The undercarriage looks incredible!!

The Sun Brings Out The Gold

After Usic performed the first servicing job, we brought the car outside for some pictures. The sun was shining bright, and my oh my is Moonstone a special colour! The gold flake shimmers strong; what an incredible colour to witness in person! I absolutely love this car and will always do my best to preserve its beauty!!

Green Light from Blackstone

A month and a half later, I heard back from Usic that the Blackstone report checked out flawlessly…a good initial sign to start with. It was brought to my attention from my friend Alex Carr (M3Post Member: "acarr6acarr6), that while a great initial indicator, the true indication of a healthy motor is through continued oil analysis reports. We will therefore continue performing such oil analyses through Blackstone Laboratories.

Concluding Thoughts

Really appreciate you all for checking in on my latest post. The next update is a game-changer, and will be broken down into several posts! I’ll just say this: Acquiring my dream car is a big deal for me — a novelty that will stay lit. I will ensure that the car is always looking as perfect as possible.

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 2
wyatth3548.50
swagon13522.50