View Single Post
      06-14-2023, 03:35 PM   #1529
RUG8RB8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 E93, many more

No Picture from Backup Reverse Camera...

I would like to update a solution to a problem I have been having for about 2 months now. My Backup camera had "appeared" to die an early death. I have the one recommended in the very first post, I think from Alibaba or some sh*thole place in China. It had actually worked great for a couple years, but now I put car in reverse and get the guide lines with a black screen. I ordered a new camera and no help. I then measured the power line with a DMM and nadda, 0VDC with the wife placing the car in reverse. I then checked ground and it was good. I then found the power and yellow RCA jack behind the dash near the blue box and tapped into that connection and Yay Mr12V not dead, although maybe easier to fix. Turns out the long crappy extension cable that came with the camera has an internal break somewhere between the front and rear of the car. I now have to fish a new all the way back there again nice and tidy like last time. That took me like 3-4 hours as I have a E93 and it is slightly more difficult not to mention, fishing through that elephant trunk rubber tube on the rear deck lid. Just wanted to post incase anyone else is having this same issue. They used like 24-26 awg wire for the damn red power cord. Anything to save a buck...

For temporary I just ran a single new 18awg wire to the back and everything works fine again.

Anybody running a right side camera on a early E92/93 M3? If so, which brand camera did you order and picture of the placement would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
2009 E93 M3, Alpine White, Harrop S/C, BE Bearing Upgrade, ARP Custom Age 625+ rod bolts, Billet DCT Pan and Side Cover, Billet filter cover, Topspeed Quad Resonated 63mm X-pipe, Vangaurd Ti exhaust, 19" BBS Fi's, BPM DCT Tune, BPM Harrop Tune, almost every known early Failure/Leaky item brand new, Mr. 12V DSP MM Upgrade, CF Splitter & Diffuser, P3 Custom Multi Gauge, Lumar Ceramic Tint, 3M PPF
Appreciate 0