View Single Post
      04-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #138
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Again, although accurate absolute performance levels are not a prerequisite for accurate A to B comparisons for things such as a FD mod, I'm still curious about the overall low levels of performance here. 0-60 in 5 seconds and 13.3-13.6 1/4 mi times. These are substantially lower than most magazine times and lower than my CarTest results using crank power and 12% or so total losses. Any idea why these sims show such underperformance?
Yeah, I based these results on my slow shift speeds and my fat ass in the cockpit with a half tank of gas. I'm sure the magazines shift substantially faster than I do, and that could easily be 0.4 second difference right there on a 0-60. There's also weather conditions which affect power output; but not sure how much difference that would make because I didn't model it. Tire size was heavier 19's in this simulation. What do your simulations show for these same results?

Last edited by regular guy; 04-02-2014 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Should be: half tank of gas...
Appreciate 0