View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #17
Tyresian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230xi

One of my buddies got a Model 3 a couple months ago and let me drive it. The immediate throttle response was something I was very jealous of, especially with my F30 335xi and the current 230xi having throttle lag, there was none of that on the Model 3. And then on top of that you have the instantaneous power so it feels much sportier and more powerful than it is. It is a cool car for sure, though the regenerative breaking is something you notice right away as it will bring the car to a fairly quick stop (though you can adjust this).

On the note of build quality though, it was disappointing, he had a number of panel gap issues, some rubbing, some way too far away. Supposedly they are going to fix that for him as well as some chips in the paint when he took delivery of the car. I really did not like the fake leather, it was the worst I've seen in a car. And the backseat flooring is way too high up. I'd rather sit in the backseat of my 230 for a long trip than the back of his Model 3. I also really hate the empty dash, especially the wood paneling. I believe the white interior comes with an aluminum panel instead, don't know why you can't get it with the black interior.