Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
With all due respect I think the whole "can't put power to ground on daily basis on f80" is way over exaggerated. I suppose if you are just mashing throttle. But using proper string theory goes a long way into making the f80 very engaging fast and fun.
I just see a lot of traction control intervention, even in moderate throttle applications. And if I’m getting onto a highway, I would think I could push the accelerator most of the way down and have the car get going quickly.

I’m not mashing the throttle - but the car wiggles and hesitates, with the traction control light blinking, between 1-2 and 2-3 gears, at least it does for me.
DSC intervention doesn't necessarily mean the car can't put the power down. I agree with the other member above that it's overly exaggerated. DSC is way too restrictive in F80/F82 even in Euro MDM! I used to drive in MDM (for the first 6mos of ownership) then switched to DSC off. It's night and day difference. I have PSS 295s in the back and they slip only in in 1st gear if I straight out floor it instead of gradually increase the throttle. If I floor in 2nd and 3rd it just grips with no drama ( dsc fully off and on a straight line). Never experienced difficulty of putting the power down at the track either. In fact, my lap times are 2sec faster with DSC fully off than in MDM at Laguna Seca. I think a lot of people floor it when DSC or MDM is on and complain about power delivery. F8x doesn't grip like an AWD car but it's not nearly as bad as described here either.
I think randy pobst did a 1:39 bone stock m4. How does yours compare? It gets trickier as you get faster obviously.