NoCarrier
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP

Garage List
1998 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
A few months back people were asking about these tires on the track, so I thought I'd pitch in with my two cents.

As a road tire they're fine. I'd put them on par with the v12 evo2s.

I've done two track days on the PS91s - one at Streets of Willow, a small, tight road course. And one at "Big Willow," a flowing high-speed circuit with some very fast corners.

To be clear, these are not track tires. But the car is new to me and this is the set that it came with, so I figured I'd try them out while I wait to pick out my set of dedicated track wheels and tires.

I was really unimpressed with the PS91s at Streets of Willow. It felt and sounded like they were constantly complaining about the rapid changes of direction by a pretty heavy car. Understeer galore on a couple of the downhill braking turns.

Big Willow was a different story. Through the high-speed corners they held on really well for a street tire. Sure I would have been faster on an RS3 or NT05, but they were plenty grippy and mostly predictable all day. I had a lot of fun with them. But I had a pretty unsettling moment when I lost the rear end in the middle of turn 8 at Willow Springs at about 115mph... not from weight transfer but just from reaching the limit of grip.

Ultimately the car is just so powerful and capable that, if you're going to push it at the track, you need tires that can keep up (and brakes too, but that's another story). The tread is completely spent after these two track events and about 5,000 miles of street driving. But if you're just going to go to the track once and enjoy yourself without worrying about lap times I think you'd be pretty satisfied with these.
Appreciate 1
aus889.50