View Single Post
      05-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #38
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Well honestly, i think we are talking about NJ turnpike here where there is 8 lanes of trafic each way and if you are walking in any part of it, i wouldnt call that an accident, its more of a suicide. Trust me, if you are walking and got hit by 65mph or 165mph you will die either way. at 165, at least it might be quicker and less painful.

Its true that he might have an accident and hit another vehicle (unless its empty road, which at late night it is), kill himself, etc, but again i have seen people crash on the exact same road because the car ran over a debris, destroy the tire, loose control and actually slam onto the cement block of road separator on the left hand side.

Shit will happen no matter what unless you are carefull. Our cars are very agile and responsive upto 160 mph, and give the drive the ultimate control, if you are not talking on the phone, watching tv (i do that sometimes ), texting etc on the road, and you have an empty road ahead of you, you might as well floor it. [also keep in mind that rapid acceletation for show off causes more tail movements than a slow acceleration to 120, therefore it needs quicker and better response of steering. turn DSC off, and floor it in first gear, you might be under the speed limit, but you certainly need more focus, and concentration to do that than you need to at 120.

Your uncle could have hit those people at 45mph and still would have killed them. I dont want to be harsh but lets face the truth, his speed didnt kill them, his carelessness killed them. IMO you should return your car and exchange it with toyota hybrid since they are not capable of going more than 90mph, and even getting there should take about a minute or 2. It would make you feel safe about your own driving.

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0