Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post
deansbimmer
Any more info on those engines?
Btw, any of them have recent oil reports beforehand?

No one could reliably repair a windowed block, it's only good for scrap. Welding back in bits (even if you have them all) would never be as strong.

Just on pause on going through that list atm, I'm compiling a different list of posts where people have posted pics of bearings & oil reports.
I'm looking into the claim that oil reports have missed failing bearings, so far I haven't found a single solid case!
But I have found 17 cases where oil reports have found bad bearings, 5 cases where the reports said they were ok & they then preventatively changed them & they were ok (yes they were very worn , but not through to copper).
6 cases claimed the oil reports had failed to find problems, but they were either done 5+k miles beforehand or their bearings weren't actually completely shot! (as in through to copper). Anyway, I'll be posting a thread about this.
If anyone has any solid claims of oil reports missing shot bearings (as in close to or have failed, as in showing copper), then link me up!
Great job man. I wish I could give you control of this thread.
I'm kind of over it since I feel there's PLENTY of evidence as it stands that there's a problem with this motor.
You may want to start a new thread and keep things cleaner... until the next troll rolls in and shits all over the place.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 2