View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #23
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post
What do you guys think in terms of value relative to performance?
I think that the standard AWD model offers good perf/$. And, with the new lower price, (with less standard equipment now too, sure) the Performance model isn’t far off.

I confess that the new lower price for the P coupled with the fact that they are now allowing interested individuals to jump in front of those waiting for the cheaper models and order one immediately are making this vehicle a more tempting proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdub679 View Post
Long range model, premium interior. I think those were the big options that he chose.
That’s definitely it because that’s the only model on the road.

The short-range/premium, long-range/non-premium, and short-range/non-premium (the coveted, mythical $35k model) models aren’t being built yet because they don’t have enough margin in them to be profitable at the current cost per vehicle. And the AWD and Performance models just went into production so those aren’t in customers' hands yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFore View Post
The $35,000 car of the people spec-ed all options comes in at $80,000. Eighty thousand. Yowza! It would be faster than a current M3 to 60mph. But would you get it before the next gen M3 is out?
You’ll get it in one to three months according to the website. Sure, that’s to be treated with skepticism. But, the new M3 is two years away minimum, so it’s safe to say you’ll have it before then.
Appreciate 0