Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
I just wanted to give you a HUGE thank you, dogbone ! If it wasn't for your detailed journal with the chapters, I wouldn't have found what I needed for the work I'm pursuing.

My fenders have literally stripped completely, so I can't "screw" them in anymore. I was going to just use some M8 rubber riv nuts (rubber riv nuts are better for applications that see a lot of vibration) and M8 bolts to repair it that way. But I figure since I have LW FRP vented fenders, I might as well install those once I figure out what to do.

Anyways, whether or not I use the FRP vented fender or my OEM plastic ones and add vents myself, the Aerocatch 3 (above panel) you listed and showcased in your build helped me decide on a mounting method that would allow me to remove the bumper easily. I did not want to deal with getting under the fenders and unbolting it, especially if I am now adding a front splitter.

Also I wasn't sure if you had any detailed images of that set up?

I personally don't mind hacking up my car to make small things like this easier...
Glad the thread was able to help!

On page 85 of the thread, I made this posting that shows several pictures of the latches: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1866

Is that what you were looking for?
Appreciate 0