United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrust View Post
A couple suggestions on how to get the nipple out. I suspect that if you look up how much the pipe costs you will put significant effort into getting the old one out.

First hopefully the pipe is fully disconnected/ out of the car. If not follow it to the connection on the shock tower. Once out, it will be much easier to work on.

The locking mechanism can be seen. You maybe able to pick them loose as shown here:

At about 9:50 he (not me) pulls out the hose and disconnects the valve. In your case you may want to try and screw a wood screw into the broken plastic to have something to hold/pull on. Also you may have a better view of the the teeth holding the piece in.

If that doesn't work I would try to cut the inside of the tube and try breaking it out with your needle nose pliers. You may need some specialized xacto blades or a very narrow saw blade (scroll or coping saw).

Good Luck!
I believe he is talking about the small hose in the front that’s hose clamped onto the breather. The nipple of the breather broke off inside the little hose
Appreciate 0