05-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #342
TailHappyM3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrigavitch View Post
I did find that there were some good deals for coupe's. Not alot, but the odd one. I did find one good deal on a sedan, which was private sale. It had everything I wanted except was 6MT. I could have been happy with the car, but my wife will be using it occasionally and she really wanted to get DCT instead of 6MT so I passed on it.

It's a little bit more work to buy in the USA, and can be much more stressful. The car I bought was 3K KM's away so I had to buy it sight unseen. However, I was likely way more careful than I would have been if I had actually seen the car.

Sight unseen is very risky but hope it works out man. I had some stress with this on one car once and promised myself never to do that again. In the end both the Florida seller and shipper had to compromise and pay for all the defects that showed up on the car despite it being advertized as immaculate. The problem was "immaculate" means different things to different people and I am one very picky guy. Make sure you have lots of pictures on file before shipping...this saved my ass with the shipping company. Good luck and post some pics and your experience after it's all done.
Appreciate 0