View Single Post
      10-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #41
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I say let them be responsible for a beater first then see how things go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
No

even if I were rich and had the money to do so...No

I'd rather have my kid growing up not spoiled, have a strong work ethic, who appreciates the value of money, and works hard to earn something.

That and the potential for what can happen when you mix a high performance V8 car and an adolescent driver.

Plus, I'm going to have to pay for his/her college tuition...so college tuition > M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranzabal View Post
I say it depends on the kid. I'm 18 with an 08 E92 M3 so maybe my view is skewed. I got a Honda CR-V as my first car when I was 16, 2010 Camaro SS when I was 17, and M3 when I turned 18. Maybe give your daughter a beater car for her first year of driving (keep the M3) and then give her the M3 a year later?

My advice is probably not that great since everyone votes "no" so far. I'm just trying to point out that not every teen with a fast car will be wreckless (yes, I agree the majority will be). Plus you have a daughter and not a son, maybe that will help? haha
After seeing people I grew up with die at the ages of 15-21 I say no and yes.
Beater for a first year and then the M3 if she deserves it, I mean who wouldn't want to give their kids the best they can when they can be trusted and appreciative?