Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
On a 12 month rotor this not a concern.Cleaning the friction surface of the disc will more than likely solve the issue.I deal with this daily in my job on vehicles that sit in our inventory.I rarely ever have changed rotors for rust unless they are worn undersize.Rolf I really feel that you are giving advice on something that you have very little experiance in dealing with and armchair experiance counts for nothing in this case!
How dare you even say such a thing? You don't know me other then saying hello on the track as I recall. I have a Phd in Mechanical Engineering earned in Germany after a 4 year hands on apprenticeship and 9 years university. I've owned many cars in my life and over 60% of them worked on them myself.

In case you have not read my previous post my concern is rusted parts and components as described by Nick something you seam to completely overlook.

What you describe I do as a routine after every car wash I take my car for a brief run around the block to remove the accumulated rust film that build up during a car wash on your rotor.

The post is about rusted brakes what makes you the expert to certify break components you have not seen as roadworthy? Are you really prepared to blindly give this advise to someone without having seen a rusted brake the associated components thereof and the ramifications advise like yours might bring?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0