View Single Post
      03-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #20
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADawgFan View Post
I'd say it still depends on what you are looking for. I don't track my car, and the extent of my spirited driving is mountain roads in (beautiful) Washington State during the summer. I haven't had a chance to take my F80 out there yet since it's winter, but the immediacy of turn-in and the more tenacious grip are clearly evident. That being said, I'm also carrying way more speed with my F80 which scares me a little - so I'm definitely going to be more cautious.

If you're just wanting to enjoy the car and not try to kill yourself (or anyone) in it on empty windy back roads then no doubt the E9X. I'd compare it to driving a Ferrari F355- very capable, amazing sound, fantastic looks...but would get stomped in almost every performance aspect by a newer Mustang GT.

If you're truly into track days and want a much faster car around the track, then F series would be my pick. I also personally love how beastly the car feels on highway pulls. With a tune and downpipes, it's a total monster- not many cars keep up with it.

I decided to upgrade from the E92 to the F80 because I think the F80 is absolutely gorgeous in a bright color, loved the newer in-car technology, and needed a 4 door sedan as I'm going to start a family this year.

My old E92 vs. my F80:

Beautiful F80 man, and good luck with your family. Its a life changer..

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 1
GerrS65154.50