07-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #28
garek
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsm3 View Post
Great so I have new tires all the way around, is it really important just for one event and can I get by or do you guys really think I need another set and if so what do you recommend. I think this will develop into an expensive hobby but agree I WOULD HATE to totally ruin these after just getting them on. AGAIN I AGREE this is turning into a great thread for me and hopefully for some of you guys out there as well.
You'll be fine with the current set for 1 track day.

As for becoming an expensive hobby, if you become addicted to it like many of us, well, it can be. You'll go through tires and brake pads regularly. I change the oil after 3-4 track days, which is also $120 per change. So it all adds up, but you have to pay to play. Actually, paying for the track time is the cheapest part.

Do you have PS2's now? Like others have said, they're not very good for the track. They get greasy after a couple of laps, and they're expensive. I'm currently using Bridgestone RE-11s, and I've been really happy with their performance so far. I'll probably try Yokohama AD08s next.